It’s the night after Survivor Series, and with Raw winning two out of three Elimination Matches, plus retaining the Cruiserweight Division, one would think the flagship would be pretty pleased with the results. Plus, Goldberg will make a victory speech after absolutely devastating Brock Lesnar! Here’s all the results from the first Raw after Survivor Series!
Live from Toronto, Ontario
Goldberg came out to celebrate his (now officially) 86-second win over Brock Lesnar, which somehow took longer to play out in highlight package form. Apparently Stephanie offered him a shot at one more title reign, via an entry into the Royal Rumble. So in January, everyone is next.
– The New Day d. Sheamus and Cesaro to retain the Raw Tag Team Titles (Kofi pinned Cesaro, rollup)
Backstage, a naked Enzo had been locked out of the changing room by Cass in a prank, and eventually came across Lana, leading to Rusev challenging him to a match. We included this so we wouldn’t be the only ones with that mental image seared into our brain.
– Cedric Alexander d. Ariya Daivari (pinfall, Lumbar Check)
Chris Jericho’s Highlight Reel was presented as an “autopsy” of Team Raw’s loss in the men’s Elimination Match at Survivor Series (The fact that they won the other two, clearly irrelevant). Kevin Owens came out to show how he tried to help Jericho by hitting AJ Styles with the List, getting DQ’d in the process, but Jericho was upset that Owens would use the List in that way. Owens said that Jericho was so concerned with the List that he wasted Owens’ sacrifice and got eliminated. Jericho responded that Owens was never there for him, and blamed Owens for the loss, seemingly ending the friendship. It was all an act, however, as they really blame Roman Reigns, and hug, to thunderous crowd approval. They also blamed Seth Rollins, who interrupted the love-fest and demanded a title shot from Owens. Jericho and Owens laughed at him, so he attacked them. Owens and Jericho got the upper hand, so cue Roman Reigns. Foley finally appeared and made Owens vs Rollins for the Universal Title in a No DQ match, with Jericho and Reigns banned from ringside.
Wait, if it’s No DQ, how can they enforce the ban?
– Rusev d. Enzo Amore (submission, Accolade)
– Anderson and Gallows d. Golden Truth to become #1 Contenders to the Raw Tag Team Titles (Gallows pinned Goldust, Magic Killer)
– Braun Strowman d. Sami Zayn when Mick Foley ordered the referee to stop the match due to Zayn no longer defending himself
Charlotte came out to explain why she attacked Bayley after they won the Survivor Series match last night. We assumed it was because she’s a bad person. And indeed, that was the reason, and also because she’s better than everyone on both brands. Sasha interrupted, and demanded her rematch from Hell in a Cell. Charlotte accepted, but puts it off until next week in her hometown. Nia Jax came out and talked down to Sasha, being egged on by Dana and Charlotte, so Sasha punched Dana, leaving an opening for Nia to crush her. Bayley made the save.
– Sasha Banks and Bayley d. Charlotte and Nia Jax (Sasha submitted Charlotte, Banks Statement)
– Rich Swann d. TJ Perkins and Noam Dar to become #1 Contender to the Cruiserweight Title (Swann pinned TJP, Roundhouse Kick)
– Kevin Owens d. Seth Rollins in a No DQ Match to retain the Universal Title (pinfall, Apron Powerbomb)
A masked Chris Jericho attacked Rollins when the fight spilled into the crowd (hence, not at ringside) and took a Pedigree, allowing Owens to finish a distracted Rollins.